Green Modular Homes
ZN Custom Building has partnered with modular home manufacturers in order to offer state-of-the-art building practices. These manufacturers are equipped for GREEN BUILDING - a great way to make the best use of materials and manufacturing efficiencies, and to offer protection from the elements during the building process. It also minimizes disturbance and reduces local traffic to the building site as well. The information below will highlight the benefits and details of GOING GREEN.
What are the benefits of a Green Home?A green home uses less energy, water and natural resources, creates less waste and is healthier for people living inside. They are also safer, healthier, more comfortable, and more durable than conventional homes and will greatly improve the overall quality of life for the home owners.
- Improved air and water quality
- Reduced exposure to mold, mildew, and other indoor toxins
- Reduce Waste Streams
- Conservation and restoration of natural resources
- Lower operating costs
- Enhanced durability, less maintenance
What are some features of Green Building?
- Effective Insulation - properly installed, climate-appropriate insulation in floors, walls, and attics.
- High Performance Windows - Help to keep heat in during the winter and out during the summer. These windows also block damaging ultraviolet sunlight that can discolor carpets and furnishings.
- Tight Construction and Ducts - Sealing holes in the home's "envelope" and in duct systems help reduce drafts, moisture, dust, pollen, and noise.
- Efficient Heating and Cooling Equipment - costs less to operate, are quieter, reduce indoor humidity, and improve the overall comfort of your home.
- Lighting and Appliances - ENERGY STAR quailed homes may also be equipped with ENERGY STAR qualified products - lighting fixtures, compact fluorescent bulbs, ventilation fans and appliances, such as refrigerators, dish washers and washing machines.
Some examples of material used in Green Building:
WarmBoard Radiant Subfloor - best way to provide, even, responsive, energy efficient radiant heat in a conventional framed home. Radiant heat has always been the most comfortable choice for heating your home. WarmBoard combines a high strength tongue and groove plywood structural APA rated subfloor panel with a state of the art low mass high performance radiant heat floor panel. The same labor that would normally install a structural subfloor, simultaneously installs the panels that become part of your radiant heating system.
Benjamin Moore Low VOC Paints - A low odor, low VOC, 100% acrylic latex flat that provides high hiding, excellent touch up, and a uniform flat finish. This paint does not have the odor of conventional paints that contain ingredients known as Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC).
HardiPlank Lap Siding - enhances and protects homes in all kinds of climates. It comes in a variety of looks and textures and comes with a 50 - year transferable limited warranty.
Icynene Insulation - creates an efficient, draft-free, noise-free, and pollution-free environment with air that's healthy to breathe. Icynene insulation and air sealing products provide a protective barrier to the entry of outdoor allergens and pollutants.
Renewable Forests - Forest Stewardship Council - It's purpose is to coordinate the development of forest management standards throughout the different biogeographic regions of the US. Using lumber from certifiable renewable forests, is an excellent way to ensure the survival of our environment and increase the green building standards.
North Texas-Based ICON Construction to Supply Temporary School House After Nebraska Tornados -
Winser, Nebraska Will Receive Three Facilities to Start the New School Year While Permanent Facility Rebuilt
(PRWeb July 29, 2014)
Playonwords.com Presents Their Summer 2014 PAL Awards - Best Toys, Games and Books that Spark Language Development Through Play -
Play On Words LLC, led by highly respected speech language pathologist Sherry Artemenko, announces 2014's Summer PAL Award Winners, the toy industry's only recognition directed by a credentialed speech-language expert recognizing the language learning edge in exceptional toys, games and books. Sherry's 35 years of child development experience with over 15,000 hours working with kids empower her PAL selections, popular blog, private practice, media appearances and consulting practice.
(PRWeb June 27, 2014)
City of Toronto's Kipling Acres Features New 'Bird-Friendly' Roofs -
LiveRoof System Selected for Planted Roof on Redevelopment of Long-Term Care Home
(PRWeb June 17, 2014)
Copyright © 2008 ZN Custom Building. All rights reserved.